‘Pretty Posh’ Welsh Rarebit (Vegan)
- 15 Min
- 5 Min
- 40g Vitalite spread
- 280g Cathedral City Our Plant Based, grated
- 60g Crackd The No-Egg Egg
- 100ml plant-based milk
- 100ml light ale beer
- 20g plain flour
- 5ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5g English mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch sweet paprika
- 8 thick slices of bread of your choice
- Melt the Vitalite spread on medium heat in a small saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk and beer so to not create lumps. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add in Cathedral City Our Plant Based, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir constantly until the cheese melts.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the Crackd No-Egg Egg. Mix until fully combined.
- Lightly toast the bread slices and spread one side of the bread with the mixture and grill until golden.
- Serve hot sprinkled with a pinch of sweet paprika and chives (optional).